Our family loves to take pictures. We love to be able to have a visual record of what we experience in our life together.
As homeschoolers we also like to have a record of things we do while we are in “school” mode. Maybe you already do this too or would like to start. The next 5 days I am going to show you just a few ways we use photography in our life and maybe give you some new ideas for yourself or maybe get you started on that journey too!
Today we will start with the obvious. Taking pictures of your trips. Whether they are local outings or family vacations, what better way to share and remember that special time — with pictures of course!
There are several ways you can even do that.
- You can take pictures chronologically —- every day take the time to snap several pictures of what you did that day. Be sure to keep records of the date , time and place. Some cameras have a time stamp capability.
- You can come up with a theme and just collect your photos that way. One trip to WDW I decided to take pictures of the food we had while on vacation.
- You can have each member of your family take their own set of photos from the same experience. That way you can see what is really important and of interest to everyone. Since you are all taking photos of the same event or place you can really see what was special about it from each person’s perspective.
- You can take pictures with your family in the picture so that you have a more personal view of your trip. Or maybe take pictures that are minus your family and only take photos like you would see in a magazine journal.
- I also like to have everyone write down some of their thoughts to go along with the photos so we have captured not only the visual but the ideas and personal views of our photos. This makes it easy to scrapbook later.
Of course you also have to decide on how you will store and display your photos once you get back from your trip. Will you create a scrapbook using them? Or just just store them in a photo album or box? Or will you create a CD of them or put them on your computer?
Our family has fun pulling out our photos and re-experiencing our trips together. We get to share our memories of what we remember and see how things might have changed since the photo was taken. Recently we took a trip back to Walt Disney World. While we were planning for that trip, we brought out all the photos we had taken from our previous trips. We loved digging out those pictures and looking at them again. If they were in digital format we set them up as a slideshow on our pc and connected our laptop to our TV so we could sit and view them together.
Well I hope this gave you a few ideas of how to enjoy and use photography for your family outings and vacations! Comment here about how you photograph your trips and enjoy your photos afterwards!
Check back tomorrow for more tips on photography!
In the meantime check out the other Crew members and what they are sharing with their 5 Days of … blogging. I plan on visiting all of them to see what they are talking about each of the 5 days this week . It is going to be a great adventure!!! Just click on the Crew blog button below to go straight to our main post and then select each of the crew members buttons from that page to read about all of the various topics being discussed!!! Enjoy!